Aims and objectives
The Kala Sangam, founded as The Kathak Kala Sangam, hereinafter is to be referred to as the Sangam, was conceived since 2008 by Dr. Sat Balkaransingh, Jackie Maharaj, Samaroo Dowlath, Routi Badal, Malvane Seelal Alexander, Soma Dhanraj Mungroo and Veejhi Seeramlal. The Kathak Kala Sangam was officially established in July, 2009 with the following aims and objectives:
1. To promote, improve, develop and maintain public education
in, and appreciation of, the art of dance, drama, song and science
music in its diverse aspects.
2. To nurture creativity and innovation so as to encourage the pursuit
of excellence in the Arts.
3. To educate and train in the Arts.
4. To write, print, produce or otherwise reproduce and circulate gratuitously or otherwise periodicals, magazines, books, leaflets or any other documents, films, tapes or other visual materials.
5. To hold jointly or to stage productions, exhibitions, workshops, festivals, cultural exchange programmes, meetings, lectures, panel discussions, classes, seminars, symposia and courses.
6. To foster and undertake research into any aspect of the aims and objectives of the Sangam and its work and to disseminate the results of any such research.
7. To recognize excellence in the arts including the creative, performing and literary arts.
8. To engage, provide and employ artistes, lecturers, instructors, entertainers, art consultants and any other persons as necessary in the pursuit in its aims and objectives.
9. To act as agent, representative, promoter or otherwise for any of the persons named in paragraph 8 (or for any organization).
10. To employ or commission persons (including members) to write, compose, design, construct, paint, direct, choreograph or arrange plays, songs, music, dance and other theatrical, musical or variety compositions.
11. To enter into agreements with authors, composers, lyricists and other persons (including members) for the writing or composition of plays, pantomimes and other musical and dramatic works, for the presentation of such persons in any part of the world.
12. To establish a Trust Fund, that supports Educational, Academic and other Intellectual pursuits.
13. To provide and recommend scholarships and other forms of assistance to members.
14. To promote and support legislation to safeguard the interest of the Sangam and artistes in Trinidad and Tobago.
15. To give support to other recognised organizations with similar aims and objectives.
16. To do all such other lawful things from time to time necessary and which are incidental or conducive to the attainment of the aforementioned aims and objectives.
^Back to Top